Call for Abstracts
The Global Scientific Committee invites you to submit an abstract for presentation at the 24th IUHPE World Conference on Health Promotion in Montreal, Québec, Canada.
Under the conference theme of “promoting policies for health, well-being and equity”, abstract submissions are welcome from all domains involved in health promotion and beyond, as an exploration of current issues and challenges, traversing disciplines with a view forward to positive solutions. The conference subthemes, “breaking news, breaking free and breaking through”, offer tangents to guide authors in their choices for abstract submission and presentation.
Various session and presentation formats are offered, including some virtual and hybrid options. Conference registration is required for all accepted presentations.
The extended deadline for abstract submission is October 4 2021. Please see conditions for abstract submission and presentation below.
Submission Themes and Subthemes
From the thematic starting point of promotion of policy for health, well-being and equity, authors will choose the subtheme, category and keywords that best describe their abstract:
Subthemes (choose 1):
- Breaking News – seizing current opportunities and challenges
- Breaking Free – moving beyond inequity and division
- Breaking Through – innovating for today and tomorrow
Categories (choose 1-2):
- Public policy processes and dimensions (including power, governance, advocacy, institutions, interventions)
- Equity, inclusion and diversity (including migration, ageing, community, distribution)
- Wellbeing, wealth (including economics, indicators, sharing, solidarity)
- Health, disease and (dis)ability (including NCDs, pandemic health, primary/secondary/tertiary prevention)
- Sustainable development and ecology (including circular economy, cradle to cradle, poverty, planetary health, communities, systems)
- Global and local perspectives (including glocal health, urbanisation, migration, politics)
- Large-scale change (including descriptive, e.g., climate change, populism and nativism, as well as prescriptive, e.g., social movements, protest, resilience, systems)
- Politics (including processes of change, ideologies, belief systems and foundations)
- Core values (including environmental, social, epistemic – justice, equity, solidarity, decolonisation)
Keywords (choose 2-3, with open option for one additional):
Populations and People (optional):
- Adolescent and youth
- Black, Indigenous and people of colour (BIPOC)
- Corporate actors (industry)
- Cultural (or subcultural) communities
- Cultural and linguistically diverse groups (CALD)
- Disadvantaged groups (i.e. poor, rural, hard-to-reach communities)
- Early childhood/children
- Finance executives (bankers, lenders, investors)
- Indigenous populations
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer, two-spirited (LGBTIQ 2S)
- Maternal and child health
- Neuro-diverse populations (ex.: autism spectrum disorder and dyslexia)
- Patients/chronically ill people
- People with disability
- Political parties
- Religious and belief system people and communities
All abstracts must be submitted in accordance with the guidelines below:
- Abstract submission will close on October 4 2021.
- All abstracts will be submitted through the online form.
- Author information will be submitted as part of the online form, including name, organization, city, province/state (where applicable), country. Telephone and email will be requested separately for symposium and workshop presenters/trainers, after acceptance.
- Abstracts may be submitted in English, French or Spanish. The submission must be made in the language of presentation at the conference.
- Submitting authors must be the lead presenter/chair of the abstract.
- Abstracts will follow the official template, per session format (see Abstract Templates below).
- Abstract must be a maximum of 2500 characters (including spaces, excluding title and author details).
- Abstract submissions must not include tables or figures.
- Please only use standard abbreviations or define them in full.
- Accuracy is the responsibility of the author. Abstracts will be published as submitted. Please ensure that all abstracts are carefully proofread before upload.
- Proposals, including abstracts, must not have been published elsewhere at the time of submission to IUHPE2022.
Submissions are welcomed across a variety of formats for individual presentations and complete sessions, including in person and hybrid/virtual:
3. Research presentation (oral/poster)
4. Innovation in policy and practice presentation (oral/poster)
5. Round table discussion
6. Alternative showing: New technology
7. Alternative showing: Art
8. Lunch with an author
9. Sub-plenary (upon invitation & pre-selection only)
Click here to view detailed information about these submission formats, including session description and abstract requirements.
Participatory, collaborative, multidisciplinary and nontraditional session formats are encouraged and will be given priority in the selection process.
HYBRID: Authors may propose in-person and virtual abstracts. The hybrid programme will include virtual sessions as well as the live broadcast of selected sessions from Montreal, with options for remote audience participation and interaction. Details on the format of the virtual programme are currently under review, and will be finalized based on the abstracts received and accepted.
POSTERS: All posters will be virtual, for presentation on site and online.
Abstract uploads must follow the templates below, per session format:
- Research presentation (oral/poster)
- Innovation in policy and practice presentation (oral/poster)
- Round table discussion
- Alternative showing: New technology
- Alternative showing: Art
- Lunch with an Author: Blogs and other
- Lunch with an Author: Books
- Sub-plenary (upon invitation & pre-selection only)
Notifications and Acceptance
Confirmation of submission will be sent by email to the submitting author upon finalisation and official submission of the abstract (“save and submit” as per online form). Notifications of acceptance will be sent to the submitting author via email in November 2021.
The presenting authors of accepted abstracts, including posters, must register for the conference to confirm their participation in the programme. A certificate of participation will be sent by email after the close of the conference.
For all questions concerning your submission please contact the Conference Secretariat – JPdL at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abstract Review and Publication
The members of the Global Scientific Committee will review all submissions against the following criteria: Originality and creativity, clarity of content, contribution to knowledge/evidence for promoting health and equity, and relevance to the theme and subthemes of the conference.
Accepted abstracts will be published by the conference organizers in the official IUHPE 2022 conference programme.Data Processing Consent
|5 April 2021||Abstract submission opens|
|October 4 2021||Abstract submission closes|
|November 2021||Abstract acceptance sent to participants|
For any queries, please contact the Conference Secretariat – JPdL at email@example.com.