The organisers of the 24th IUHPE World Conference on Health Promotion are offering a limited number of bursaries to support the participation of professionals and students from low- and middle-income economies and from remote communities to enable them to attend the conference, either in person or remotely. This hybrid event will be held in Montreal, Canada, and online May 15-19, 2022.
A Bursary Selection Committee, appointed by the Global Organizing Committee and chaired by the IUHPE Executive Director is being established, which will undertake the selection of applicants through a consultative process based on the following criteria. The applicant:
- Is a practitioner in a community organization in the province of Quebec (5 grants)
- Is a participant from a low- or middle-income country or a remote community.
- Is aged 18-30 years and has health promotion leadership potential.
- Is a member and/or a project worker of a Non-Governmental Organisation (IUHPE or others) or a Community-Based Organisation, or is a graduate student in a program from a University located in a low- or middle-income country.
- Has submitted an abstract for presentation of their work at the Conference and the abstract has been accepted.
Candidates must apply by providing, by January 17, 2022:
- The enclosed application form (see below) filled out by the candidate, demonstrating how she/he meets the above criteria
- A letter of support from their employer/institution, or from their research advisor (if the applicant is a student)
The Application Form must be sent to Liane Comeau, Executive Director of IUHPE at firstname.lastname@example.org.